There are different ways to approach weight training, with or without weight training accessories. You can do a few sets of one exercise and then move on to another kind of exercise but change your workout every 4 to 6 weeks will prevent you from getting bored and possibly giving up on exercising. A few suggestions for an advanced workout are:
Supersetting is an advanced method of exercising in which you do two exercises, one after another, with no rest in between. The exercises can focus on the same muscle group or 2 different muscle groups. When super setting, you’re will be adding intensity to your workouts.
2. Partial Reps
Partial reps are small exercises focused on only one muscles group or part of the body. By repeating this smaller exercise lots of times an effect is reached on an isolated group of muscles.
The idea of pyramiding is to keep using more and more weight on your muscles during your exercises. Starting with the maximum weight that you can comfortably lift during on exercise, you build up the weights that you can use from that starting point, and you keep increasing your weights.
The Benefits of Weight Training
If weight lifting and weight training routines are approached the right way there are many benefits to enjoy:
1. Weight training tones your muscles and raises your metabolism, helping you to burn more calories 24 hours-a-day.
2. Weight training can *reverse* the natural decline in your metabolism which begins around the age of 30.
3. Weight training energizes you.
4. Weight training has a positive effect on almost all of your muscles.
5. Weight training strengthens your bones reducing the risk of developing osteoporosis.
6. Weight training improves muscular endurance.
7. Weight training decreases the blood pressure.
Safety Tips For Weight Training
As you are working with heavy weights and you’re putting a lot of pressure on your body, weight training can be hazardous for untrained people. A few tips to keep you safe are:
1. Always warm up before you start training by running on the spot or doing other exercises.
2. Never train without a professional coach present.
3. Never start an exercise without exactly knowing what you are doing.
4. Make sure that you know what equipment to use and how to use it.
5. Do not be tempted to start using anabolic steroids.
Weight training routines and exercises such as the bench press will help you on your way to a more toned and muscled body. Keep in mind what your goal is and be realistic about your goal. Sometimes mildly toned bodies look a lot better than bodies that have been pumped up in every muscle group.