The cost of fitness clubs can vary greatly, depending on the type of club you want. Some workplaces provide their employees with fitness club services for free. Movie stars can pay millions of dollars for their own exclusive gym. For the average gym, the cost of membership will generally be between $50 and $150 a month. Generally, gyms that offer more services will have a higher price. Special gyms (like 24-hour fitness clubs or women’s fitness clubs) will often have a higher price as well.
The cost of membership will also vary, depending on the type of membership you wish to purchase. Different ways of paying for health and fitness clubs include:
- Paying per visitor activity. Not all clubs will allow you to do this, but some will let you pay every time you wish to use their equipment or for exercise classes, sporting activities or use of the pool.
- Paying per week, fortnight or month. This may or may not include an initial joining fee. It may also require you to go a plan, where you sign up for a certain number of months or years.
- Lifetime fitness clubs. Lifetime fitness clubs offer a one off payment that allows you to use their services for life.
- Many clubs will require you to pay extra for any services you use. People may choose to add the services they want, and their payment plan is worked out according to this. Or people can pay a basic plan, and pay extra for any additional services they want. When paying for membership at a club, do not presume that the price they quote you will include all the services they have available.
Advantages of Fitness Clubs
There are many advantages to enrolling and using the facilities of a health fitness club. Here are some of their many benefits:
- They can keep you motivated. People are often more motivated to exercise when they belong to a fitness club.
- They can give you tips for losing weight and exercising well.
- They save you buying a lot of expensive equipment for use at home.
- They can provide social interaction. This is particularly true if you go to exercise classes or sporting events.
- They are usually a nice environment in which to exercise. Many health fitness clubs provide movies, television or music to pass the time as you work.
- They are fun. Many people do not exercise because they find it too boring. Health fitness clubs have different equipment, classes, and activities, to stop you from becoming bored.
Health fitness clubs are a fantastic way of getting and staying in shape. Before joining any health fitness club, make sure you know exactly what you want from a club. Research your area to find the club that is best for you. It is generally best to start off on a plan that does not have a long contract. That way, you can find a different club if you do not like it. Lifetime fitness clubs are great, once you know you will use the services.