Yes, there are disadvantages associated with jogging too. The impact factor is likely to cause joint problems. Another one, although some people don’t consider this a disadvantage, is the sense of loss you feel through the day when you miss jogging for a day.
A garden or a joggers track is the best place to start jogging. If you cant avoid roads, jog facing the traffic. Best time is early in the morning at around 6 AM.
- Begin jogging by some stretching and swinging your arms. This relaxes your muscles and prepares your body for jogging.
- Experts opine that landing on the heel is good for balance and as you proceed to the next step, push from the toes.
- Swing your arms in matching strides to your jogging trots with the forearms lifted to make 900 out of elbows. Don’t clinch your fists.
- Avoid hunching as you jog. Holding chest thrust forward is a good posture. It keeps lungs expanded.
- Don’t alter your speed of jogging within the session. Sudden variation of speeds will have an adverse effect on your heart beats too. Increase speeds in gradual steps like ½ to 1 one mile after a week.
- Carry cold water with you to quench thirst while jogging.
- If you are using jogging equipment like treadmill, keep it near an open window where there is a cool and mild breeze.
- To get full benefits of jogging always end with 5-10 minutes of totally relaxed posture. Lie down on a flat, clean surface like carpet, with limbs slightly stretched apart. Relax by taking deep and slow breaths. This helps upward blood circulation after a good jogging session.
Sharing jogging tips with someone is gratifying after you have experienced it. Let the spirit of life spread.