Fit Fact: Did you know that Apples are cancer-fighting?
True, apples contain a compound called quercetin. Quercetin can discourage the changes that make prostate cells cancerous, and it may even slow cancer’s spread (Carcinogenesis, March 2001).
(Other cancer-fighting foods high in quercetin: onions, black tea, garlic, peppers, berries, grapes, and tomatoes.)
- 1-1/2 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk (Skim)
- 2 cups sliced peeled cooking apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2/3 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together Bisquick, sugar, and milk until blended. Pour into ungreased 9×9 square baking pan.
- Top with apples; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Pour boiling water over apples.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
Serving Size: 6 approximately
Per serving: Calories 310; Fat 2 grams; Cholesterol 0mg
Source: Betty Crocker